Nintendo Direct August 2012 | Lots of Info, Pics & Vids

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

Nintendo Direct Presentation - Event Information
(All the news from their recent event in one place! Scroll below for the info)
nintendo_direct.jpg

~About Nintendo Direct~

A new online home for exclusive Nintendo news -- broadcast directly to you, the player. In this edition of Nintendo Direct, President Satoru Iwata shares some new details related to Nintendo 3DS and Wii.

~Announcement Summary~

Nintendo Announces New eShop Title Rhythm Hunter: Harmo Knight:

harmoknight660.jpg

Nintendo has announced a New IP made by pokemon series developer GameFreak, called Rhythm Hunter: Harmo Knight.

"The game was announced by Satoru Iwata during today's Nintendo Direct livestream. From the footage released, it looks like a hybrid of a traditional side-scrolling platformer, replete with a Mario Bros-style world hub, and a rhythm action game. The game's hero charges through levels, from verdant hilly landscapes to city rooftops, collecting musical notes and swinging a quaver like a battle axe/golf club. Presumably, you have to execute your attacks in time with the game's music. One level shows a different character shooting enemies from afar with a harp, while another stage showed the main character in a supped-up musical mine cart.

The video also showcased a boss fight which seemed to introduce variety into the gameplay. A voice called out the moves that would be required in time with the music, before the player then had to input them at the same speed in order to be victorious.

The game is scheduled for release in Japan on September 5, 2012, priced at ¥1,800. No word on a Western release date." - IGN.com

Here's the debut footage of Harmo Knight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjRLuP9GFUM

And here's 7 minuntes of various gameplay clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkqkBfW9Yx0

Additional Details:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=184326

- Game was the idea of Game Freak employee James Turner (UK)
- He's the 3D Graphic artist and designer of Vanilux-line and Vullaby.
- title went from inception to current status in about 1.5 years
- Produced by Pokemon game director, Masuda.
- Masuda comments on difficulty of starting non-Pokemon projects at the company due to the focus on Pokemon games.
- Game spent first 6 months being developed as a side-scrolling DS game
- Originally only had one playable character, but added more to allow for more variety in play styles. Now has 3.
- Thought hard about including Pokemon music as it may break immersion.

Playable Characters:

Tempo: Being trained by Master Woodwin. Goes on an adventure to find the Harmo Night to save Harmonia from danger.

Laila: Uses her harp like a bow and arrow to shoot far off enemies. Female warrior of Harmonia.

Jinbei & Symbi (Monkey): Work together to defeat enemies.

Other Characters:

Master Woodwin: A master warrior who has saved Harmonia before. Tempo's teacher.

Tappy: A tap dancing rabbit who accompnies Tempo on his jounrey.

Enemies:

Noizido: Aliens who have come to destory the harmony of Harmonia using noise.

Story:

In order to stop the Noizido and their noise, Tempo and Tappy head to the Royal Kingdom of Symphonia to deliver the Legendary Wand, a wand that can rid Harmonia of Noise, to a HarmoKnight, who are the only ones capable of using the wand.

It feels like words can't describe how much I want to play Harmo Knight right now. It looks like it could be an awesome eShop title. And does anyone else think the villain (in the middle of the picture above) kind of looks like a giant evil robotic gengar?

tumblr_lindkxY3R21qisay4o1_250.jpg

More Animal Crossing Details, Western Release Due During First Half Of 2013:

tumblr_m9irqae6Fs1qkqdbso1_500.jpg

"Coming from Nintendo of America's Twitter...

Animal Crossing is launching for Nintendo #3DS during the first half of 2013!" - via GoNintendo.com

"Release date for Tobidase Animal Crossing set for November 8, price ¥4,800. More details will come through a special Nintendo Direct broadcast just for the game closer to the release date." - Andriasang.com

Here's some new footage from the presentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19RW6GWOgvw

"As you can see, a few tidbits revealed during the broadcast include the fact that Brewster is back and ready to serve you a relaxing cup of coffee, and that the nervous pup Booker will have his own Lost and Found shop. Yay for stealing people's lost stuff! The game will also allow players to choose which shops they'd like to build and what time those shops will open, as well as to build bridges, wells and other structures to enhance the look of their town.

It's also been confirmed that you'll be able to alter the color of your furniture, and the trailer showed off the depth of the game's house customization by revealing a few of the different doors and exteriors you can choose from. The clothing design mechanic from Animal Crossing: Wild World is also back, but it looks like it will be more like it was in AC: City Folk where you could customize the front, back and sleeves of your outift. The new game will also allow you to exchange designs with friends by way of QR codes.

As if Booker's rise in society weren't enough of a revelation, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata confirmed via Twitter that the game will receive it's own dedicated Nintendo Direct in the near future." - IGN.com

The sooner I get Animal Crossing the sooner you get my money, Nintendo. ;)

Oh, and thank goodness for QR codes. No need to manually remake designs now, and I'm looking forward to seeing some 'official' ones.

New EX Troopers Footage Bursting With Colors And Explosions:

tumblr_m7iuuxPFIn1qbhsfoo6_1280.jpg

Here's the newest footage coming from August's Nintendo Direct:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDLz3L5Fnnw

And here's a Animated Trailer that was released recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPEM_3StVPI

Capcom sure does know how to make good looking 3DS games... now if only they knew how to localize them. :P

Stickers Find Their Purpose In This New Paper Mario Footage:

tumblr_m55okbfhKP1r0yqoyo1_500.jpg

Watch Mario kill stuff with the power of stickers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJD9203-XXw

I never knew stickers were so dangerous!

Level-5 Announces New Professor Layton Title, Set To Be Hershel Latyon's Final Adventure:

55009_nds_professor_layton_and_the_diabo

"Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata gave up the mic to another CEO briefly during today's Nintendo Direct broadcast. Level-5 CEO took over to announce one of the event's big surprises: a new 3DS entry in the Professor Layton series.

Layton Kyouju to Choubunmei A no Isan is set one year after the events of the previous 3DS title, Kiseki no Kamen. Hershel Latyon's latest, and according to Hino last, adventure begins with the receipt of a letter from someone claiming to have found a living mummy.

Hino shared first footage, both anime and gameplay. A release is planned for 2013." - Andriasang.com

Here's the debut trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4OqtWrWlos

"Let me clarify something about the Layton game. This latest 3DS Layton game is Hershel Layton's final adventure -- not necessary the last Layton game." - Andriasang.com

*CoughProfessorLaytonVs.PhoenixWrightCough* :P

More Bravely Default: Flying Fairy Details And Gameplay Footage:

819CQ9ZDQeL__AA1500_.jpg

"Bravely Default has over 20 jobs and 300 abilities, including recently revealed jobs like Valkyria, Summoner, and Hunter. You can read about the game'sjob change system in detail hereand thebattle system here.

Aspreviously reported, the game's "Abilink" feature lets you borrow a job level from your 3DS-owning friends, to boost your own job level by 1. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy will be released on October 11th in Japan. A new demo is headed to the Japanese Nintendo eShop as well." - Siliconera.com

Check out this gameplay from the presentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtdvYRTVG_8

And here's a trailer that was release just after the presentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5c6uYZ6b0M

This will probably be closest I've gotten to playing a 'Final Fantasy' game, not counting the spin-offs.

Project X Zone Footage Shows Off Flashy Moves, Lots Of Action:

tumblr_m48qscrUJe1qfp9dzo1_1280.jpg

New gameplay from the recent presentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhIuUWq5Qf4

Can't say I'm all that into SRPGs, but this and FE: Awakening certainly look interesting.

Nintendo Announces Sequel To eShop RPG Denpa Ningen:

tumblr_lyo0iouQJd1r4yzs3o1_500.jpg

"Radio Wave People RPG by Genius Sonority is seeing a Nintendo eShop sequel. Yesterday, the company announced Radio Wave People RPG 2, which now supports StreetPass and local multiplayer battles with friends.

Aside from those features, this game's concept is largely the same as its predecessor's. You use the Nintendo 3DS camera's augmented reality feature to find and capture Radio Wave People around you, and recruit them into your party.

Radio Wave People RPG 2 (or Denpa Ningen RPG 2) will be released on September 26th in Japan for 1,000 yen." - Siliconera.com

Here's the debut teaser trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgZUQY7NKTk

And here's gameplay footage from the presentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQhWZy2_sw4

The first Denpa Ningen is already being localized, so hopefully we'll hear about a release date soon.

Watch This Stylish New Footage Of Style Savvy 2, New 3DS LL Color Incoming:

style-savvy.jpg

New footage for those who have a passion for fashion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH14KZjMbEw

Nintendo has announced a new 3DS LL color to celebrate the upcoming release of the game in japan:

edsllpinkwhite.jpg

"To mark the newest Girls Mode fashion game, Nintendo is releasing a new 3DS XL color: Pink and white. The handheld will be released on September 27 for ¥18,900 (US$251)." - Kotaku.com

My nieces would love this game and that 3DS color.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon Releasing During The First Quarter Of 2013:

632930_20120605_790screen012.jpg

"Coming from Nintendo of America's Twitter...

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is coming to Nintendo #3DS the first quarter of 2013." - GoNintendo.com

I'm okay with this, with all the other games coming out later this year I'll have plenty of things to do until then.

If you'd like a brief summary of nearly every single announcement go tohttp://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=184321and if you want to see trailers for every game shown go tohttp://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=184322

What are your thoughts on this Nintendo Direct?

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

Nice thread Jolly. I hope the rythem game gets locolized. Looks nice.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

GamerEye

I don't see why it wouldn't; It already has English voice overs and all of Game Freak's games that have been published by Nintendo have all been localized in atleast North America.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I was hoping somebody would summarize the conference. I don't have a free hour to sit and watch all of it anymore. >___>

Some good info there. I'd like one for NA for a release date on Bravely Default and at least announcements on some of the others.

slowpokebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 slowpokebro
Member since 2012 • 572 Posts
Weird. Animal Crossing is starting to look more appealing while Paper Mario is starting to fall off my radar. :?
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I hope the rythem game gets locolized. Looks nice.

GamerEye

That would be crazy!

Anyways, thanks for the Style Savvy trailer, I'm excited for it! :D

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I cant wait for Sticker star and Animal Crossing :D

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

It's like Nintendo doesn't like having money thrown at them in regards to no confirmation yet about Bravely Default being localized.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

It's like Nintendo doesn't like having money thrown at them in regards to no confirmation yet about Bravely Default being localized.

HowlingLotus

Well that's up to Square Enix.

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Well that's up to Square Enix.

Pixel-Perfect

That is what I meant. WHY U NO TAKE MY MONIES SE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm sure Nintendo gets a piece of that action too. NINTENDO WHY U NO LIKE MONIES EITHER!?!?!?!?!

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JollyGreenOne

GamerEye

Thanks!

And heads up, the 3DS Info Thread has finally been updated. I'll try to make a post about what's been added/removed when I get some extra free time.

[QUOTE="GamerEye"]

I hope the rythem game gets locolized. Looks nice.

Pixel-Perfect

That would be crazy!

Anyways, thanks for the Style Savvy trailer, I'm excited for it! :D

tumblr_m98kvzPtYd1r6f46o.jpg

I see what you did there. ;)

:P

You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it, it looks pretty decent compared to similar games I've seen.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#13 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
You know this conference wasn't as bad as people perceived it to be. :)
Hoennhyruleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Hoennhyruleguy
Member since 2005 • 332 Posts

I've always preferred the original Animal Crossing for GameCube, but I'm starting to get psyched for this one :) 2013 cant come soon enough

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Animal Crossing for 2013??? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
MrNuttyboh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MrNuttyboh
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

Weird. Animal Crossing is starting to look more appealing while Paper Mario is starting to fall off my radar. :?slowpokebro

Dude your avatar is GREAT lol

Yeah I am pumped for animal crossing!

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GamerEye

2013 can't come soon enough I say. This Animal Crossing looks like it is shaping up to be the best one ever, imo. City Folk had alot of potential, but it blew it. To me atleast, City Folk was just Wild World with a city. I mean, I was just expecting so much more from it...

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JollyGreenOne

2013 can't come soon enough I say. This Animal Crossing looks like it is shaping up to be the best one ever, imo. City Folk had alot of potential, but it blew it. To me atleast, City Folk was just Wild World with a city. I mean, I was just expecting so much more from it...

GamerEye

I agree. I look at City Folk as 'Animal Crossing: Wild World - Wii Edition', since it was pretty much just Wild World with better graphics, a city, and some new items. It wasn't completely horrible but it was definitely a letdown, because after years of playing Wild World I was expecting more -- I would've been fine with City Folk if it came out the same time as Wild World.

This new 3DS one looks MUCH more promising.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerEye"]

JollyGreenOne

I agree. I look at City Folk as 'Animal Crossing: Wild World - Wii Edition', since it was pretty much just Wild World with better graphics, a city, and some new items. It wasn't completely horrible but it was definitely a letdown, because after years of playing Wild World I was expecting more -- I would've been fine with City Folk if it came out the same time as Wild World.

This new 3DS one looks MUCH more promising.

Animal Crossing; Jumping out (that is the title isnt it? lol) doesnt look just promising, it looks amazing, Im more excited for this game than I was for Animal Crossing Population Growing (I was very excited for that, the way my older bro explained it to me, I thought that you could seriously do everything!, and here it looks like that will finally be true!)

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I have to admit this Animal Crossing is looking pretty good. I loved the original one, but none of the ones after that were anywhere near as good to me because they just didn't add enough to make it worth my while. Being the mayor gives a lot of potential for new gameplay elements. My only concern is what happened to Tortimer...

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GamerEye

I have to admit this Animal Crossing is looking pretty good. I loved the original one, but none of the ones after that were anywhere near as good to me because they just didn't add enough to make it worth my while. Being the mayor gives a lot of potential for new gameplay elements. My only concern is what happened to Tortimer...

nintendofreak_2

Retired maybe?

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]

GamerEye

Retired maybe?

Or murdered.
GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GamerEye

[QUOTE="GamerEye"]

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]

Rod90

Retired maybe?

Or murdered.

By Tom Nook obviously.